web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Naked In My Car

It started out like any other night. I went to bed and fell asleep. The next morning, I woke up naked in my car. I can explain.

In the middle of the night, my dog Kelsey had an epileptic seizure and lost control of his bladder in our bed. Yes, it's his bed too. Anyway, I had to find another place to sleep. The couch hurt my back, the floor was too hard, so I climbed in my car.

The back of my station wagon is one big dog bed. It was reasonably comfortable, but too hot with my bathrobe on, so I removed it. The next morning, I woke up naked in my car.


~ Home

11 Comments:

At 7/14/2005 09:27:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Now THAT's how to start a blog! :)

Welcome to blogging! Can I link to your blog?

Great job.

 
At 7/14/2005 10:12:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thank you, Dave! I'm so pleased that you liked it. What an honor for me that you are my first. (commenter that is) :)

Of course you can link me!

 
At 7/15/2005 10:35:00 AM, Blogger Mary said...

Oh my!

Welcome to the blogging world, Melissa! Love your blog, especially all the photos everywhere -- you know I'm a photofreak.

Is Kelsey ok?

 
At 7/15/2005 11:19:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thank you, Mary. Kelsey seems to be okay. The vet. ran a lot of tests, which are still pending, but it is most likely not too serious. But, Kelsey's not allowed to drive anymore. :)

 
At 7/16/2005 12:36:00 AM, Blogger gemmak said...

Heh...what an excellent first post! So glad you decided to 'go for it' on the blog front, welcome to the blogosphere girl :o)

 
At 7/16/2005 08:17:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, Gemmak. It's such a relief to have my own space to blog. I was worried that I was going to wear out my welcome, borrowing space on yours and Dave's blog. Thanks to both of you for allowing me to practice blogging in your space. :)

 
At 7/16/2005 08:53:00 AM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Heck of an opener. I came over from Elsewhere to check this out. Funny stuff already!

 
At 7/16/2005 10:17:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, Running2ks. I enjoyed your blog too. :)

 
At 7/18/2005 12:17:00 PM, Blogger Natsthename said...

LOL! Great story!

I came over from Mary's blog! Nice to meet you!

 
At 7/18/2005 01:00:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, Natalie. I appreciate the visit. Please come again soon. :)

 
At 7/18/2005 03:00:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Oh, group hug! :)

(We can leave our clothes on, though...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home