web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Doggy Door Drama


In the middle of the night, Murphy woke me up with his whimpering. This a nightly routine. He whimpers, I whimper back and satisfied that I'm still alive, he settles down and goes to sleep. Except this time he was clearly upset and couldn't be comforted.

Wondering if he was having problems fitting through the doggy door, I got up, stumbled through the dark, down the stairs and let him out the back door. He ran straight for the pond and jumped in. I went back to bed. It was 3 am.

At 3:45 am, I woke to the sound of woofing outside. Exasperated, I let the wet Murph in, wondering why he wasn't using the doggy door.

At the ungodly hour of 8 am, I woke to more whimpering. I let the Murph out and went in the kitchen to look at the doggy door and found it lying across my computer table. Poor Murph. It must have gotten stuck on him when he squeezed through it earlier. I would buy a bigger door if I could, but they don't come any larger.


~ Home

3 Comments:

At 7/25/2005 09:42:00 AM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

That is so sad--poor traumatized fella.

 
At 7/25/2005 10:51:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Murph appreciates the sympathy. I wish that I could get the kind of door that grocery stores have that open and close automatically. I use to leave the door open all of the time, but my house got invaded my rats.

 
At 7/25/2005 04:26:00 PM, Blogger gemmak said...

Awwwww....poor Murphy, what a thing to happen to him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home