web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Handwashing Songs

To avoid spreading infection, hands must be washed for 15 seconds between patients. To make sure that we are washing our hands long enough, we have been instructed to sing songs when washing our hands. (Silently, thank goodness.)

Recommended songs for nurses are Yankee Doodle Dandy or Row, Row, Row Your Boat. Surgeons scrubbing for surgery, sing 100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall. (Just kidding about the surgeons.)

Being something of a rebel, this is my song:
I never will marry,
I'll be no man's wife,
I pledge to remain single,
for the rest of my life.

Last night I found fresh blood under one of my fingernails and it wasn't mine. I had been wearing gloves and had washed my hands. I'm not happy about that. I may need a longer song and a nail scrubbing brush. Better gloves would also be nice.


~ Home

2 Comments:

At 7/21/2005 09:31:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Good song. LOL
We have teethbrushing songs in our house, too! :)

 
At 7/22/2005 12:14:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

It must be a challenge to brush your teeth and sing at the same time. So, what are your songs? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home