web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, July 18, 2005

Bad Dreams


Perhaps lacking the energy or creativity to come up with new dreams, I tend to get a lot of reruns.

Last night I had two old favorites. In one, I'm having a wonderful time flying, but I keep having heart-stopping close calls with high power lines. In the other dream, I'm back in college and can't remember what courses I enrolled in, when the classes meet or where.

This is what my bed looked like when I got up this morning. I wish that I could blame it on the bad dreams, but it looks like this every morning.


~ Home

11 Comments:

At 7/18/2005 11:40:00 AM, Blogger Mary said...

You get up at 8:42?! Slacker!

 
At 7/18/2005 12:05:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Good eyes, Mary. I can't make out the clock's time.

Did you also notice the dog chewed table edge next to the bed. Kelsey used to chew on that while he was waiting for me to wake up.

 
At 7/18/2005 02:54:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Yes, I noticed the table edge, too, and I attributed it to the dog(s), don't worry. ;)

I do have very good vision. I can always easily, quickly, and accurately read the 20/20 line on vision acuity tests and if I'm allowed to focus long enough I can usually make out a 20/15 line, too. I'm the only one in my family with good vision. It makes up for my horrible teeth issues, lol. My poor hubby has to wake up and put his glasses on to find his contacts. Very blind. He's nearsighted at OD -8.5 and OS -9. Bad! So far the kids seem to have his teeth and my eyes. We hope it stays that way!

 
At 7/18/2005 05:02:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

I recently read a study claiming that breast-feeding (as a child) increases your chances of good vision. Some ingredient helps regulate eye growth.

Explains why I have such terrible vision, I suppose.

Mary, I'm jealous. :)

 
At 7/18/2005 07:15:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

LMAO, I was bottle fed! :P

 
At 7/19/2005 12:28:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I have terrible eyesight and I'm pretty sure that I was breast-fed. A doctor once told me that excessive reading can cause near sightedness. I have no idea if there is any truth to that. Does Connie know?

 
At 7/19/2005 08:46:00 AM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Connie doesn't know what causes bad eyesight, she just treats it. I think it's still a big mystery.

 
At 7/19/2005 07:37:00 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

I get those college dreams too. And ones where I think I didn't graduate. And then there are the classes I missed before the finals or midterms. And that pesky locker combination I can't ever remember.

 
At 7/20/2005 12:36:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Oh, I have the forgotten locker combination dream, also. And the, it's time to take the final and I've forgotten that I enrolled in the class, dream.

 
At 8/31/2005 12:59:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Am I the only one who has dream of sex with all of the most beautiful people you can imagine? Movie stars, musicians etc... and I know it's a dream because they are all really into it! The really screwed up part is that I know I am dreaming and I am afraid the person sleeping next to me will hear me and know what I am dreaming, and then of course I'm half jewish so I get to wake up feeling guilty! I do frequently fly in my sleep and that is the best! Wait I am noticing a theme here...I get to do things in my sleep that I don't get...oops, I mean get to do when I am awake!

 
At 8/31/2005 07:37:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Lol! It sounds like you have more fun in your dreams than I do. You must be sorry to wake up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home