web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, July 15, 2005

How Many Blondes Does It Take To Lose A Car?


This is my mother and me.



The view from our room.

My mother and I take a little vacation together every year. This year we chose Big Bear, where she grew up.

We had a great time and did silly things like have ice cream for breakfast and dinner. (Mom raised me right.) It was one of those rare vacations where everything goes right, except for the losing of things, such as the car, a set of keys, a hat and a bra. I wish that I could blame Mom, but except for the bra, it was all my fault. (Don't ask about the bra.) Everything was eventually found, except for my hat.

How many blondes does it take to lose a car? Just one, if it's me.


~ Home

9 Comments:

At 7/15/2005 02:09:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

How many brunettes want to ask about the bra?

;)

The photos are lovely.

 
At 7/15/2005 03:30:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, Mary. Actually, I don't know how the bra got lost. But then, how did I manage to lose a perfectly good car, keys and hat? :)

 
At 7/16/2005 12:38:00 AM, Blogger gemmak said...

Beautiful view, I love all your photos :o)

 
At 7/16/2005 12:39:00 AM, Blogger gemmak said...

p.s. I'm not as polit as Dave, I'm just gonna link to you without asking! heh. let me know if you want me not to...I do most things back to front :o)

 
At 7/16/2005 01:05:00 AM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

I didn't know that about you, gemmak. ;)

 
At 7/16/2005 08:10:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thank you, Gemmak. I'm honored that you want to link to me. I'm going to contact you and Lisa to decorate my blog and set up a blog roll so that I can link to you and my other blogging friends. :)

 
At 7/16/2005 08:55:00 AM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

And I, as well, shall link to you too.

 
At 7/16/2005 10:12:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, Running2ks. As soon as I get a blog roll, I will also include you. I enjoyed reading your blog. :)

 
At 11/17/2006 11:48:00 AM, Blogger deepoet26 said...

I've enjoyed your blog, too. You seem, er uh, very real... and pretty, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home