web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Costco Treasures

I had to make Costco run today. I was almost out of fruit, cheese, nuts and that incredible LaBrea Bakery bread.

Costco being what it is, there was no way that I could leave with just what I came in for. I found a lovely tree rose. How could I pass that up?

Costco also had new jackets. Did I mention that it is about 100 degrees and humid? Or, that their air conditioner wasn't working? That might stop an ordinary mortal, but not me.

I tried on jackets under sweltering conditions and found the lovely mulberry one that I'm pictured wearing. Do I care that I already have 44 jackets? No, because I didn't have any jackets in this color. I just don't know how I survived this long without a mulberry jacket. ( I know that I have a problem, but I want to remain in denial a little bit longer.)

It could have been much worse, though. I saw a carpet that would be perfect in my kitchen and it was only $999.99. Trembling with lust, I managed to walk away. (sigh...)


~ Home

7 Comments:

At 7/17/2005 10:46:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Surprise! I found you :)
Indeed, you found some real treasures, love the color of both.

 
At 7/18/2005 09:03:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, Michelle. And now I have one more thing to cram into my closets. Like you, I live in a warm climate and rarely need a jacket. So, now I have 45 jackets.

 
At 7/18/2005 11:24:00 AM, Blogger Mary said...

A person can appreciate the specific color of the jacket so much more if they read the posts prior to this one! LOL
Lovely jacket. And rose tree. And you!

 
At 7/19/2005 12:32:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

And, I can eat all of the mulberries I want and not worry about staining my jacket, not that I would actually wear it during the hot mulberry season. :)

 
At 8/31/2005 01:02:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

You have 45 jackets! I thought I was the one with OCD! Wait, how many pairs of shoes do you have?

 
At 8/31/2005 07:46:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Probably more than anyone you know, except for you. But why should that be a surprize? You already know about my linen, china and bath products problem. I have some other problems too. You've never looked in my closets have you? :)

 
At 9/10/2005 09:54:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

No, and now I'm afraid to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home