web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Sarah's Garden

10 foot high sunflowers with fuzzy moon




Frog fence around flower beds


I visited my friend, Sarah, yesterday and took some pictures of her garden, shown above. We also did a produce exchange. I traded basil and mulberries in exchange for tomatoes. I'm having a bad tomato year and Sarah is basil challenged at the moment.

Sarah recently planted a mulberry tree like mine, but it's going to be a few years before it produces enough fruit to make her sick as me. In the meantime, she can be sick only once a week or so, when we see each other. Wondering why we eat things that make us sick? Because it tastes so good!


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 7/16/2005 11:22:00 AM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

I thought mulberries grew on bushes?

Round and round the mulberry...

 
At 7/16/2005 12:00:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Maybe they grow on bushes too, but mine grow on a tree. At least I think it's a tree. It has a trunk and I need to stand on a ladder. Bushes are usually not much taller than me. :)

How is your cherry tree doing? Any fruit yet?

 
At 7/16/2005 02:08:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Last year we had enough cherries to make a pie. This year I managed to eat maybe two or three. It rained so much that they started breaking open, and the birds got to them before we did.

Still waiting for the grapes to ripen. There's a couple tiny oranges on the new orange tree, a couple blackberries on the new vine, and still no kiwis on the kiwi vines. New plants don't like to fruit the first year or two.

 
At 7/17/2005 10:53:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Well i could trade you both...avacados,bananas,papaya,and mangos. Maybe we could get an international fruit exportation thing happening!

 
At 7/18/2005 09:05:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Wow, that works for me, Michelle. Too bad we can't email the fruit to each other. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home