web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Do you Think it's Dead?

This is (or was) an orchid plant. I'm trying to decide if I should keep watering it and give it another chance. What do you think?


~ Home

3 Comments:

At 7/16/2005 05:21:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

I have hanging baskets in my backyard, fed by a drip system. When I have a suspect "deader" on hand, I put it under one of the baskets and let the drip system water it until I'm convinced it's not coming back from the dead.

It's surprising how many plants, dried brown and apparently toast, will come back if you keep watering them. I guess the root system goes dormant until conditions improve.

 
At 7/17/2005 08:58:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, Dave. I was going to give it a decent burial, but now I'll give it another chance.

 
At 7/19/2005 07:38:00 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Feel it--if it is crunchy, she is dead. If it isn't, you have a chance. But I have a brown thumb. I can't deal with things that don't tell me what they want.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home