web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Rose Petal Tea, Tamarind and Sky Flakes

Last night at the end of my shift, my entire body ached, my head was throbbing and I was feeling light-headed. I figured that it was the result of stress and going another night without dinner. This morning, I didn't wake up until nearly noon and felt even worse.

I really hate to call in sick, but I felt that was what I had to do, because I really am sick. It even hurts to breathe. Maybe last night's snack of rose petal tea, tamarind and sky flakes (don't ask) had something to do with it, but the bathroom is now my favorite room in the house. Maybe I would have gotten sick anyway, but I suspect that being worn into the ground the last couple of days had something to do with it. No wonder there's a nursing shortage.

Even though I'm miserable, at least the dogs are happy. I've been getting kisses all day by happy, bouncing dogs. If only people were more like dogs.


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 9/14/2005 05:03:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Hope you feel better soon. How's the finger?

 
At 9/14/2005 05:09:00 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Feel better soon!

 
At 9/14/2005 05:19:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Dave, now that you ask, my finger has turned gangrenous and the sepsis is now systemic...Sorry, I'm being silly. My finger is almost back to normal. Thanks for asking.

Thanks, Brandy.

 
At 9/16/2005 10:32:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Sky Flakes are just a type of cracker that are similar to saltines, but better. I wish that I could buy them in a normal store.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home