web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, December 12, 2005

Oh Christmas Boot, Oh Christmas Boot...

Not much had been done to decorate our unit for Christmas. I really wasn't in the mood to decorate, but something had to be done. We couldn't be the only unit in the hospital not fancied up. So, I assigned the decorating to two of my coworkers. We have several boxes of ornaments and stuff along with a fake tree in a closet. They got everything down and opened the tree box and it was empty. Someone had stolen our tree.

I had had no interest in decorating until I found out that our tree was gone. Suddenly, I felt a fire in my spirit and was determined that we would decorate something, I didn't really care what. I dug through some closets and found an orthopedic boot and a blue abduction pillow (used for holding people's legs apart). I told my coworkers to decorate those.

This is the boot. It's sort of like a Christmas stocking, but it can stand up on it's own. The red and black colors are rather striking I think.

This is the abduction pillow. It turned out much better than I expected. I'm impressed that my coworkers were able to work with so little and get such good results. I would like to see Martha Stewart decorate a boot and abduction pillow with such good results.


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 12/12/2005 08:13:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Could you bring a little of that holiday spirit over to my house!

 
At 12/12/2005 12:39:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, Melissa, that's using your blonde-ness in a whole new lovely way! ;)

Very creative. And even PRETTY!
Well done, dear!

 
At 12/12/2005 10:41:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

That is some very creative Christmas decorating! Wow! :-)

 
At 12/13/2005 12:48:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Sarah, I could use some Christmas spirit over at my house also. Too bad that we can't just go out and buy it.

Thanks, Mary. My coworkers get the credit, though, for making the boot and pillow look pretty.

Thanks, Karen. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home