web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, December 09, 2005

Taa Daaaa!

I'm done. I'm so done. I bought my last Christmas present today. Now all I have to do is wrap them. I was also so good. There was a beautiful white leather jacket of the softest leather and I didn't buy it. I just barely fondled and sniffed it before walking away. Well, I would have bought it, except that I don't know how I would keep it clean. The dogs get me so dirty. What is it with me and jackets? And shoes?

---------------------------

I had to do an interview this morning concerning some work project I did recently and so, at the appointed time, I was called. The interviewer and I were doing our best to be professional, but her Golden Retriever and my three were all barking at the same time across a couple of time zones. So much for pretending that we were at work. We got a good laugh at our dogs outing us. There is nothing wrong with working from home, but no one wants to be found out. I'm not sure why this is.

---------------------------

I walked by a bridal shop and saw the most beautiful winter wedding dress on a mannequin. The hood around her face was lined with white fur and she looked like a snow princess. I would love to wear something like that, but I don't want to have to get married to wear it. Why can't we wear fantasy gowns like that for everyday? If everyone did it, it wouldn't be odd. Is there some way that I could get other people to wear princess gowns to go grocery shopping so that I could too and not stand out?


~ Home

2 Comments:

At 12/10/2005 10:09:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

You could buy it for halloween:)

 
At 12/10/2005 11:09:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I always seem to work on Halloween and we're not allowed to dress up. Stupid rule. What's wrong with dressing up as the grim reaper and taking care of patients? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home