web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Walking In Circles

I had another stupid class to attend before work. (Don't they know how precious my free time is? I don't care about the extra money, I want free time.) Having no choice but to go, I arrived at the designated location, which was the doctor's dining room, but there was some other class taking place there. Figuring the class must be in the other doctor's dining room, I walked across the campus and the busy street to get there. No luck, there was some meeting going on in there. Out of ideas, I called the hospital and asked where the class was being held. They said that it was in classrooms T, U and V and hung up. I didn't know where that was, but most of the classrooms are across the street, so I hiked back across the campus and across that dangerous street. No, it wasn't in that building, but the building I had previously been in. Again, the long walk back and across the street. Of course I was late, which I hate, and I was hot and sweaty from the frantic walking in circles. The class was also a waste of time. If someone had handed me a piece of paper with two sentences on it, that would have more than covered what was taught in the class. Then, still aggravated, it was time to start my shift.

Skipping over the miserable shift, (you don't really want to hear about it) when it was finally time to leave, I was almost to my car when I realized that I had forgotten my clipboard. Under only one sheet of paper were my blog outlines. I had to go back and get it. I can't risk discovery. After the long return loop was completed and I got back to my car, I discovered that I had no car. It was gone. I couldn't imagine why anyone would steal my stinky dogmobile. Then, I suddenly remembered that because of the class, I had parked in a different building. It was a long walk and I had to cross that street again, but my car was there.

I felt like a confused person wandering around on urgent missions that no one else understands.


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 12/08/2005 08:39:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Sorry you had a bad day. Enjoy your day off today (I think). Bad day here too, up most of the night before with Kerry Bear, more seizures, more seizures, back to the vet, back to the vet, more seizures last night, Kerry to the hospital, crying, crying. Worried about Kerry, ER vet says I am providing hospice care, probably short term, crying, crying, thinking about Baby, more crying, gotta get it together, broke the rule "no crying in front of the dogs" bad Sarah, gotta go to work now...

 
At 12/08/2005 11:38:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Sarah, I'm so sorry.

 
At 12/08/2005 02:13:00 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

That is a really funny description. Hurry up and wander away. You are really dedicated--blog outlines?!?

 
At 12/08/2005 06:19:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

R2Ks, of course I make notes and outlines. I can't remember this stuff without help. By the time I'm home, my mind is blank and it's like the day never happened, except that I'm exhausted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home