web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Blame The Nurse, Part 2

In my post a couple of days ago, Blame The Nurse, some nurses were written up for following a doctor's order without questioning it. I had assumed that it was the doctor who had written up the nurses, but it turns out that it was one of my nurse coworkers who wrote them up.

This nurse is ambitious and would like to move up the ladder into management, which is fine, but she seems to think that writing up her coworkers will help advance her career. The ironic part is that she is a bad nurse. On any day that she works, I can find several things she did wrong which are bad enough to write her up for, but I don't. The patients also complain about her attitude. It would be a good thing for her to go into management where she couldn't do as much harm.

A couple of months ago, she went on a writing-up spree and I handled it by writing up everything she did wrong. After she was called on the carpet for her mistakes, there were tears, histrionics, sarcasm and threats for a few days, but she stopped writing people up. Perhaps she has forgotten her lesson. Perhaps she thinks that if she doesn't write up me or my friends she will be safe. I think that it's time to reinforce her previous lesson. (Don't try to get ahead by stomping on your coworkers.)


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 12/07/2005 09:20:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I hope you write that bitch up for every thing she does every day for the next month. No one is going to come after you. I'm sure she is totally intimidated that you are a lawyer. In the hospital, in our practice, we are blamed and somehow responsible for everything that goes wrong with a patient. We need to be supporting and helping each other. Our job is hard enough.

 
At 12/07/2005 09:46:00 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Oooh, you did the right thing. You are my hero!

 
At 12/07/2005 10:42:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

With coworkers like that, who needs enemies.
You did the right thing!

 
At 12/08/2005 11:43:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, Sarah, R2Ks, and Karen. As much as I would like torment her some more, I'll stop writing her up as soon as she stops writing other people up. I just want to make a point, not start a war.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home