web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, December 09, 2005

Parking Paranoia

Every once in awhile, the powers that be will make some new rule about where the employees can park. The current parking assignment is okay, but in the past, we have been told to park in what we call the Disneyland parking lot. It's called that because it's so far away that we are transported by tram. The problem is that the tram stops running about 10 or 15 minutes after my shift ends and so if I don't get out on time, I have to walk in the dark next to a bad neighborhood. After doing that once, I decided that I will park where I darn well please and they can just try and catch me.

I've seen security guards checking license plates to catch employees parked in the wrong spot, so I've been careful to never let them know my license plate number. If I see a security guard, I'll park on a different level so that he won't know which car is mine.

Sometimes, they'll come around and try to get us to register our car with them, but I'll either say that I don't remember my license plate number or if really trapped, I'll give a fake one. That's what I did today. They were handing out parking passes and required a plate number to get one. I made up one and got my pass. Afterwards, they said, "Thank you for registering your car." I just smiled. Little do they know.


~ Home

3 Comments:

At 12/09/2005 03:23:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Nice work!

 
At 12/09/2005 05:28:00 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Good job. You know, if it really was the Disney parking lot, it would be easy to find your car--Mickey 17, Goofy 3...

 
At 12/09/2005 05:59:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Sarah, they'll never catch me. Bwaaa haaa haaaaa. :)

R2Ks, Our Disneyland parking lot is even better than the real one because our tram drivers will drive you right to your car and they know which car is yours, but that doesn't help if you get out late and miss the last tram. (It's a good thing that tram drivers don't record license plate numbers.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home