web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, April 14, 2006

Today's Accomplishments

Things I did today:

1. Bought euros over the phone. A thousand dollars worth will be delivered to my house next week. I'm a little unsure about the wisdom in that. I hope that Bob's Euro Exchange is a reliable business. They're ad in the Penny Saver looked good. (Just kidding. I used Auto Club.)

2. Started packing my suitcase. I put in only one pair of sweats and pajamas and it's already half-full. This is so not good. How can I pack for a 2 week cold weather vacation with only one small suitcase and carry-on? I may need to re-think this. Luggage must be on sale somewhere.

3. Kelsey and Tommy got their vaccinations. The vet also gave me some steroids for Murphy. He doesn't know if they will help with his breathing, but it's worth a try.

4. Made two dozen burritos. I froze them and will now have something to eat when I haven't had to time to shop or cook. Because I use brown rice and whole wheat tortillas, I can pretend that they're good for me. We won't talk about the can of chili that also went in them. (Murphy ran off with the can and licked it clean.)

Things I didn't do today:

1. Bathe.

2. Comb my hair.

3. Do laundry.

4. Vacuum, dust, mop, clean the kitchen or bathrooms.

5. Wash my car.

6. Walk the dogs.

7. Work in the yard.

8. Read anything that wasn't on a computer screen.

9. Nap.

10. Exercise.

Where did the day go?


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 4/14/2006 11:13:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

Happy packing!
I forgot to answer your previous question about Frankfurt - it's about a five hour drive from here. If it were closer, I'd pop on up to have a cuppa with you :-)

 
At 4/14/2006 11:52:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

When do you leave??
LOL, you had me with that first one about the euro dollars, i was thinking, 'omg surely she's not serious'!!

Have a happy easter weekend Melissa :o)

 
At 4/15/2006 05:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where do you live? I will come over and wait for your Euros to be delivered. :)

Doesn't the bank do this sort of thing?

I hope you have fun on your trip, and a great Easter.

Give the dogs an extra hug for me!

 
At 4/15/2006 10:09:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Karen, too bad it's so far from you. It would have been fun to meet.

Michelle, April 27th is the big day. Happy Easter.

Leesa, I would have had to drive some distance to a bank that has euros. It's easier to order them over the phone and have them delivered. I just hope they get here okay.

I have to work Easter and I don't even get paid extra. It's not a legal holiday. Hugs to Ginger.

 
At 4/16/2006 01:35:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

More reason to move to Oz where it is a legal holiday and nurses are paid squillions!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home