web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, July 25, 2005

Stinky Phone

Tonight, two of my patients had severe diarrhrea. One of those patients lacked spincter control, resulting in some unbelievable messes to be cleaned up. I understand how it got all over the bed, the patient, the floor and the bedside commode. What I don't understand is how the phone got soaked. And, exactly how does one get diarrhea off a phone?

Another patient insisted on being topless even though the room was filled with visitors. Every attempt to cover her up was met with the declaration, " I have to get my blouse off."

Another patient complained that a heavyset nurse from the previous shift had laid on top of her to reach something, rather walk around to the other side of the bed. She griped that her "boobs still hurt from that nurse lying on top of me."

All in all, it was a typical night.


~ Home

7 Comments:

At 7/25/2005 12:49:00 AM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Not exactly a recruiting ad. :)

 
At 7/25/2005 09:42:00 AM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Um, so I'm thinking new phone.

 
At 7/25/2005 10:46:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Dave, that's why we get paid the big bucks. :)

Running2ks, there's not much chance of a new phone and it's just a matter of time before another patient thinks it's gum and chews on it.

 
At 7/25/2005 11:06:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

I admire you for being able to do this job - I couldn't.

 
At 7/26/2005 12:33:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, Karen, but you really do get used to it. It's not as bad as it sounds. I'm also fortunate that I have a poor sense of smell. :)

 
At 7/26/2005 11:22:00 AM, Blogger Mary said...

Ewww.

What everyone else said, too.

 
At 7/26/2005 04:01:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Mary, it's not that bad, I tell ya. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home