web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Puto, Cake and Foot Plates

This is someone's idea of dessert. It's kind of pretty isn't it? It looks like balls of sorbet. What it is, is puto. The ingredients are rice, water, sugar and food coloring. No one offered me any so I can't describe the taste, but it looked and smelled like gooey rice balls. (Is it okay to sniff, photograph and post pictures of people's food without their knowledge?)




Later, we were given cupcakes by a patient's family. The nurses who enjoyed puto, wrinkled their noses at the offer of cupcakes. That meant more cake for me. I think that things worked just fine.

I overheard a coworker asking for a foot plate. I had never heard of this, but I figured it was some kind of orthopedic device. Later it was delivered. It was a fruit plate. It might be time to get my hearing checked.


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 2/25/2006 03:13:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

You know, i am soooo glad we still are not sophisticated enough to offer "smell" via the computer/internet!

 
At 2/25/2006 10:52:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Too bad. I would love to share the joy of the smells of sick human bodies. :)

 
At 2/26/2006 10:51:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I wonder if somewhere in the phillipines some people are looking at those cupcakes thinking what the **** are those? Do they really eat that crap?

 
At 2/26/2006 07:18:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

That certainly was the reaction of my coworkers. They really could have left off the sprinkles, though. I had to scrape off the icing to get them off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home