web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, February 20, 2006

A Polar Bear And A Dog's Signature

At the beginning of the shift, the previous nurse told me that she put a polar bear on the patient's knee. I said okay and managed not to laugh. Nurses who don't speak English as a first language say the cutest things. What she meant to say is polar care, which is a type of ice pack treatment. Polar bears are cuter than polar cares, but I think a bear would keep the patient warm instead of cold.

I sign my name dozens and dozens of times a day, so you would think that I would have it down by now. So why tonight, did I sign my dog's name in a patient's chart? Because we're not allowed to scratch over anything we've written in a chart, all I could do is draw a single line through it and write my name above it. Idiot.


~ Home

2 Comments:

At 2/20/2006 09:32:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

LOL @ Polar Bear! Not all patients can say they've had a dog nursing them :)

 
At 2/20/2006 10:26:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

Polar bear treatment - sounds great! It's a bit more colorful than polar care anyhow :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home