web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

My China Problem



Have I ever mentioned that I have a china problem? I don't know what it is about china, but put me in the china department of a store and my pupils dilate and I start to sweat.

Today I went shopping for lamp shades. I'm in the process of changing my living room colors from dirt and red to dirt and lavender. I couldn't find any lavender lamp shades, but I did find a lovely lavender top with sequins. It's ultra feminine, flirty and perfect to wear on a date. Since it's in the photo, you already know that I bought it.

If I had stopped there, everything would have been fine, but noooo, I had to go in the housewares department. Do I need china? No. Do I have places to put the china I already own? No. So what did I do? I bought more china.

How could I resist the darling pink plaid dessert dishes? They also came with precious matching pink bowls. It would be perfect for a tea party, should I ever have one.

I also liked the big square red Japanese dishes. They're totally different from anything I own. The matching red bowls are perfect for soup or salad. I don't know how to cook Japanese food, but I could learn, right?

I don't need crystal either, but it was on sale. Need I say more?

I also saw a dress that I loved and would have bought in a second if they had had my size. It was white organdy with a big pink sash around the waist. It was the dress of my dreams. Why do clothing manufacturers think that only women under the age of six like to dress like that?


~ Home

8 Comments:

At 2/15/2006 03:07:00 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Ah well, if you tire of any of the pieces, there is always ebay :)

 
At 2/15/2006 05:19:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Nice new stuff! :)

I can totally relate to your china problem.

And I looove white organdy anything. Putting up white organdy panel curtains in the kitchen if I ever get it painted first...

 
At 2/15/2006 05:36:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

R2Ks, my china all has sentimental value. I would never part with any of it, except through an earthquake. :)

Mary, I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only grown woman who likes organdy. Maybe I should become a designer and make fun clothes that women would love to wear. I would just copy the designs in the children's department.

 
At 2/15/2006 10:27:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

OOOOOooo you bought some NICE things :) I'm not an organdy gal, but i love china!

 
At 2/16/2006 12:40:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

HP, if I ever go into business it sounds like I will have plenty of customers. Not all little girls want to grow up and wear boring clothes.

Michelle, I've discovered that spending money is more fun than earning it. I wish that I could have more days like that.

 
At 2/16/2006 07:53:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I don't see the problem. The stuff is all cute that you bought and I'm sure you will use it all. In fact tommorrow we could eat something from the cute pink bowls when I come over. I wish the purple top was a little bigger though so I could borrow it.

 
At 2/16/2006 07:59:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Don't forget to save a little room in your cupboards, we are going to the Wedgewood factory and they do ship!! Can anybody say Christmas shopping! (I've already started!)

 
At 2/16/2006 10:48:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Oh, I'm glad to hear that they ship. I was worried about carrying all of that crystal home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home