web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A Window And A Sponge

Today as usual, I pulled into the parking lot at work. I reached to pull out a ticket so that the gate would raise and smashed my hand into the car window. I forgot to lower it. I've seen birds fly into glass, but up until now, I thought that I was smarter than a bird.

A patient came back from surgery holding a little stick. Patients are often given little green sponges on a stick to suck on, but this was just a stick. I asked him if he ate the sponge and he said yes. He then added that he was hungry and thirsty as if that could explain eating a sponge. It was a real sponge, by the way, like what you have in your kitchen. The patient was not confused. I wish that I had asked his wife if he eats sponges at home too.


~ Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home