web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Back On The Horse

I usually go on only one date per year. I hate dating. I figured that I had already had my date for the year a couple of weeks ago and was done. But then I met Randy.

Let me go back. My patient was a friendly, gregarious man with a lovely wife. The first day I took care of him, his wife gave me chocolate mints. The second day I took care of him, I found a tall, handsome guy sitting next to my patient's bed. His parents introduced me to Randy.

I was thrilled to find such a pleasant surprise. We joked around and then after everyone left, my patient and I did the screening interview. I asked questions about Randy and my patient asked me questions about myself. It looked like a match. I know that sounds odd, but I like my dates to be pre-screened and what better person to ask then someone's dad?

I wrote down my email address to give it to my patient, but he was asleep, so I tucked the note for Randy in with his things. Randy has since emailed me twice and asked me out. This is especially thrilling because he has seen me, even under fluorescent light, and still wants to go out with me. We're going out in a couple of weeks. I'll let you know how it goes.


~ Home

7 Comments:

At 2/12/2006 03:07:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Ooooo, can't wait to hear all the details :)

 
At 2/12/2006 10:08:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

It will be way better than a blind date!
Keep us on the up and up!

 
At 2/13/2006 08:29:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

When did you meet him? I can't believe you didn't say anything yesterday!

 
At 2/13/2006 10:21:00 AM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

What a very cool way to meet someone!

 
At 2/13/2006 10:30:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Lisa, Michelle and Karen, I'll keep everyone informed and post pictures if it goes well.

Sarah, never mind that, where are the pictures from your Valentine's Day party? You do you realize that I'm working under a deadline here? :)

R2Ks, yes, for once my date and I got to see each other before the date.

 
At 2/13/2006 11:59:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Never mind about the pics, Hippo-Pepperpot only has what, only about a dozen pairs of shoes! The poor girl, we need to take her shopping! I have about 60 pairs of shoes and maybe 10 pairs of boots, and I'm not even the one who's a shoe whore around here! Where does she live? We could take her to the outlets!

 
At 2/13/2006 12:19:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Hey, are you calling me a shoe whore? HP is in England. She needs to come here so that we can show her where to shop for the best bargains. It doesn't have to cost a fortune to have more shoes than one can wear in a lifetime.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home