web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Back To Normal





I don't do well in the Fall and Winter. Around October my mood changes and it's not until around February that I feel okay again. The cloud is now lifting, my energy level is returning and I'm feeling good. Today was a perfect, warm day and I was in the mood for a photo shoot. For those of you in the snow, eat your heart out.


~ Home

9 Comments:

At 2/11/2006 07:15:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

You look "So Hollywood"!!

 
At 2/11/2006 07:48:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, but I'm probably overdressed for Hollywood today. Maybe Hollywood 50 years ago. :)

 
At 2/11/2006 11:39:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

Mean. That is just plain mean.
...all that sunshine...sniff.... ;-)

 
At 2/12/2006 12:06:00 AM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

LOL!

Sorry, but I *like* the cold weather here! :)

 
At 2/12/2006 09:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel, I was looking for a recipe for cheesecake and your site came up, it looks like you've lost weight though:)

 
At 2/12/2006 05:03:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

I've never tried a light box, but I do turn my face to the sun and try to let the light soak in during the winter.

And, BTW, I prefer the bottom shot. ;)

 
At 2/12/2006 09:49:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Karen, I posted those pictures as retaliation for posting the breath-takingly beatiful photos of Bavaria covered in snow.

HP, I would be glad to send this weather to you in return for your weather. Let's do the switch in August when it's like a blast furnace here.

Sarah, are you being anonymous again? If Rachel Ray can post naughty photos of herself, I can do the same, and just be glad that I'm wearing more clothes and am not posing with phallic objects.

Lisa, thanks. I haven't tried the light boxes because it's a rare day here that I can't get my quota of sun. There seems to be something else going on that does this to me every year. I'm just glad that I'm good until October now.

Dave, in the winter I spend a few minutes a day facing the sun also. It helps, but I need something more, and I have no idea what.

By the way, did you like the shot that shows my bottom or the shot at the bottom of the page. I don't know what bottom shot you preferred. ;)

 
At 2/13/2006 12:40:00 AM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

The shot at the bottom with the attractive top. ;)

 
At 2/13/2006 10:21:00 AM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Dang lady, you are pretty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home