web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Kitchen Ballet




I've studied ballet since I was 4 years old. Ballet is the last thing that I should be doing with my damaged hip joints, but I can't stop. It's part of who I am. These days, I mostly do just bar exercises, but every once in awhile, I dust off the toe shoes to remind myself what it feels like to really dance. It hurts. It also feels so good, when I stop. It's kind of nice to just sit on the floor, look at my pretty pink shoes and dream.


~ Home

6 Comments:

At 2/13/2006 10:46:00 AM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Great pics. (esp. #3)

A woman planning an ocean cruise goes to her pharmacy and asks the pharmacist for birth control pills and Dramamine. The pharmacist asks, "If it makes you sick, why do you do it?" ;)

 
At 2/13/2006 12:15:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Because it hurts so good. ;)

 
At 2/13/2006 12:45:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I see a double hip replacement in your future if you aren't careful.

 
At 2/13/2006 12:52:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I see one anyway. It's more a matter of when than if.

 
At 2/14/2006 02:56:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Great pics :)
Only you could eat 10 pounds of cookies and a fish dinner and STILL look like that!

 
At 2/14/2006 05:05:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Michelle, you do realize that I took close to a hundred photos to get the ones suitable for posting? Although I vaguely resemble my pictures, I do not look like that in real life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home