web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Cold And Dirty

Those of you who live in the snow aren't going to be impressed, or even sympathetic, but it's cold here. The good news is that it's raining and the snow level is dropping. About another 5 degrees lower and it will snow here. If that happens, the freeways will be closed and I won't be going to work tomorrow. It's a long-shot, but I can still hope.

In the meantime, I'm cold. Even the hospital was cold. I worked my shift in a fur-lined jacket. My coworkers wrapped themselves in blankets. Oh please, let it snow so that I can be cold at home instead.



It's also getting dirty at work. I pulled out a table and wrote a message for housekeeping in the dust.

Under another table at the nursing station, I found gum. Unfortunately, my fingers found it first. Nurses can be such pigs. Can you believe that this is a hospital?


~ Home

3 Comments:

At 2/19/2006 04:32:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I sympathise with you. If i could send the sun your way i would, trust me.
I spent the weekend in my bra and knickers!

 
At 2/20/2006 12:22:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Why do you taunt me so? I wish that I could run around in my underwear too.

 
At 11/20/2009 09:45:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was very interesting for me to read the blog. Thanx for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read more on that blog soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home