web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

What Are The Odds?


One of these purses belongs to me and the other one belongs to Sarah. This did not happen on purpose.

__________________________

I was watching the Olympics and became entranced by the slalom skiers. It wasn't the skiing as much as the accessories that interested me. One person wore a tiara and the other strands of pearls. The commentators didn't like it, but I loved it.

Just because they're athletes competing in the Olympics doesn't mean that they should always be grimly, deathly serious. And, just because someone wears a tiara or pearls doesn't mean that they don't take the sport seriously. The accessories are about not taking themselves too seriously, having fun and celebrating their feminity.

I really need to buy a tiara.


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 2/18/2006 11:20:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I would say the odds are 25%. This is based on the fact that I have 2 basic color groups of clothing, pinks and purples. It is almost assured that I will wear one of these colors. Of course I have purses in both colors. In pink I have 2 pink purses and one pink poodle backpack. The backpack is only for special occasions (like hospitalizations or day trips) so there are 2 pink purses that I could choose from. I think that the science is pretty sound, but due to the small size of the study I am unable to calculate the P factor and therefore cannot guarantee it is statistically significant.

 
At 2/18/2006 11:34:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I think that you need to multiply the number of purses that you have by the number of purses that I have to calculate the true odds. What would that be, about 500 times 5? Although, the odds are complicated by my rarely changing purses, unlike you, who changes purses daily to match your outfit. The odds might be closer to the number of purses that you own multiplied by one.

 
At 2/18/2006 04:42:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Are you calling me a purse whore? I bet I only have about 30 purses, wait, are we counting those small bags that only hold a few things? Those are really clutches, not purses, so OK so lets say 50, tops, and you must have more than 5. And, what's wrong with coordinating your purse with your outfit?

 
At 2/18/2006 06:48:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I'm not really sure how many purses I own. It's nice when a purse matches an outfit, but I'm too lazy to change purses. I tend to carry one until I get tired of it and then I switch to a new one. I almost never go back to an old purse, although I could, because I rarely throw old ones away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home