web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, February 24, 2006

Spilled Contraband

We're not allowed to drink at the nursing station, so I had my tea hidden behind the computer. A coworker moved the screen causing the cup to tip over on to a stack of patient documents. We dried the pages the best we could, but they were crinkled and yellowish. If anyone asks, the official story is that there was a urine spill. Heaven forbid that anyone find out it's tea.

One of our patients decided that he didn't like the metal rods that were holding his arm together, so he tried to remove them, including the pins that went through his skin into the bone. I'm sure that the hardware was unpleasant, but then, so is having an arm that bends the wrong way. Now he has to go back to surgery to repair the damage he caused. He is not old, just crazy.

A patient in ER had the diagnosis of "altered". I thought that this just something that was done to dogs and cats.

Another patient had the diagnosis of "falling all over." Did they mean that the patient fell on his face, got up and them fell on his butt, got up and then fell on his side and so forth? Or, did they mean that the patient fell all over town, such as in the store, then the bank, then at the gas station?


~ Home

1 Comments:

At 2/25/2006 03:12:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

This cracks me up, no tea allowed but it's perfectly acceptable to pee on the forms LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home