web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Blogger Rant

I got a new camera yesterday, a Nikon L1. It seems to be Melissa proof user friendly. It is so much like my Olympus that I didn't even need to read the directions to understand it. This time though, I got the warranty plan. That is something that I never do, but with all of my problems with the Olympus, I wasn't taking any chances this time.



It was also easy to download into my computer and I was able to save the photos in the same files I set up for my other camera. Sounds great doesn't it? It's not. I'm so upset that I feel like throwing things. Blogger will not upload my new images. After dozens of attempts, it uploaded two images. The rest of the time, the page just went blank. I'm patient by nature, but there is no way that I'm going to spend a couple of hours every time I want to post a picture on Blogger.



I switched to Photobucket. I don't really know how to use it yet, but I'm working on it. At least it accepts my photos. This post was done with Photobucket.



I'm still not happy, though. I have no control over where the photo is in relation to the text. If I have just one picture, I like to wrap the text around the image. It's easy to do that with Blogger. If there is a way to do that with Photobucket, I haven't found it. And where is the spellcheck?



I suppose I shouldn't complain because it is free, but I'm going to complain anyway because I feel like it. I want Blogger to accept photos from my new camera.
Image hosting by Photobucket


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 4/01/2006 02:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should be able to blog photos from Flickr or save the photos to your machine and upload them to Blogger...

 
At 4/01/2006 06:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not alone in having this problem--If you check the help forums you'll see that this is an ongoing issue. I haven't read so much about the image aspects, but I spent a good deal of time there last week as I was trying to deal with blogger's spambot shutting down our local public library's site. I did end up getting some useful (if ultimately unsuccessful) troubleshooting advice there, so it might be worth a look. Otherwise, you'll need to roll up your sleeves and dig into the dirty html underbelly of image placement tags.

 
At 4/01/2006 10:04:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

I agree with Savannah - Blogger has had outages now and then. Try again.

 
At 4/01/2006 10:32:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I agree too, don't panic, it's darn Blogger.

 
At 4/02/2006 10:59:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, Leesa, Savannah, Karen and Michelle. The odd thing was that Blogger would accept my Olympus pictures, but not the Nikon pictures. It seems to be better now. *fingers crossed*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home