web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Fish And A Mysterious Black Hole



I get so tired of people leaving their dead fish lying around at work. Day after day, it's the same. I come to work and there it is, a dead fish lying on a counter or on top of the toaster.

There's something wrong with my camera. There is a black spot in the lower right quadrant of my photos. Cleaning the lens doesn't help. I'm getting a new camera anyway so it doesn't really matter, but I'm curious about what happened. If I did anything wrong, I would like to know so that I don't do it again with my next camera. Any ideas?


~ Home

7 Comments:

At 3/29/2006 08:24:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

To Phillipino's dead fish left out all day isn't trash...it's dinner.

 
At 3/29/2006 10:26:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

HP, Sarah is right. They pick at their fish all day for quick energy boosts.

 
At 3/29/2006 07:43:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

The way the black hole fades out makes me think it's optical. Either you have a big blob of dirt between the lens and the sensor, or maybe it focussed the sun on the sensor and burned out part of it. I've never seen anything like that before.

 
At 3/29/2006 08:51:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Dave, I did go on a walk with the camera on so that I could take a picture on a moment's notice. It's possible that the sun was hitting the lens.

 
At 3/29/2006 08:55:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

Melissa, my dad's camera had a spot like that for a while - not sure what it was but it went away eventually.

 
At 3/29/2006 10:21:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I have to agree with Dave on this one, not had it happen to me, but seen it on someone elses, i think it's dust or dirt....will eventually go away.

 
At 3/30/2006 12:32:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Karen and Michelle, thanks, I'm glad to hear that there is a chance it will go away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home