web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Tagged

I got tagged with this meme:

Accent- I have a Southern California drawl with a slight English intonation (especially when I'm upset). People are always asking me where I'm from. I'm from Southern California and England.

Booze of choice- Lately I've been drinking cabernet mixed with diet 7-up. I also like beer and sweet mixed drinks, like Mai Tais.

Chore I hate- Changing the poopy diapers of old people, especially if they have C dif.

Dog or cat- Dogs. I like cats, but not some of the things that cats do, like recreational killing.

Essential electronics- My computer and camera.

Favorite perfume- I don't wear perfume normally, but I like tuberose and gardenia scents.

Gold or silver- Gold, although I rarely wear jewelry. I just like to own it.

Hometown- I don't really have one, but I've adopted Santa Clarita.

Insomnia- Let me put it this way, if sleep were an Olympic sport, I would be in medal contention.

Job title- RN. (acute care, orthopedics)

Kids- None, but not by choice. Not having kids is my greatest sorrow, which also explains why my life revolves around my dogs.

Living arrangement- I share my house with three dogs and assorted vermin. Three fish live outside which I feel a little guilty about.

Most admired trait- Determination.

Number of sexual partners- Huh? Are you accusing me of having had sex?

Overnight hospital stays- Yes, it's that more than anything, I think, that influenced my decision to become a nurse.

Phobias- Yes, multiple. They are all related to my fear of abandonment. I take medication to control panic attacks.

Quote- I like the Nike ad of "Just do it."

Religion- I don't believe in fate, karma or divine intervention. Good things sometimes happen to bad people and bad things sometimes happen to good people. I believe that we all have free will and that what happens is largely the result of the consequences of actions with some luck mixed in.

Siblings- I have two older brothers.

Time I wake up-Around 10, give or take an hour.

Unusual talent or skill- I only have conventional skills, unless you count my ability to scare the crap out of people by just looking at them with my icy stare.

Vegetable I refuse to eat- I like all vegetables. If I refuse to eat them it is because of poor preparation.

Worst habit- Laziness, like now, for instance. The house is filthy and here I sit typing away.

X-rays- Is there anyone who has gotten through life without being irradiated?

Yummy foods I make-smoothies and salads. I can make yummier food than that, but if I do, I will eat it. I can't allow too much temptation in the house.

Zodiac sign- Gemini.


~ Home

6 Comments:

At 3/26/2006 01:18:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

That was a cool mememe...had some different questions on there, loved your responses :)

 
At 3/26/2006 04:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't forget that cake you made with the bugs in it. :)

 
At 3/26/2006 06:42:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, Michelle.

Leesa, I had forgotten about that. Thanks for reminding me. :(

 
At 3/26/2006 07:21:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

I can't remember your ever scaring me. You have an icy stare? I'd like to see that. :)

 
At 3/27/2006 07:28:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Dave, do you remember my father's look? I inherited it. It gets worse with age. I would get a picture of it, but I don't want to break the camera lens.

HP, I needed to make a cake fast and my flour had insect exo-skeletons in it. I scooped out what I could and made the cake. (I ate it too.)

 
At 3/27/2006 07:42:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

How do you make popcorn in a wok? Do you need a lid? I don't have a lid for my wok.

Btw, you didn't need to edit your meme answers. Your honesty was refreshing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home