web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Snow Dogs

I've been patient. I've been very patient. The years have ticked by and I've waited and hoped. It used to snow here almost every winter, but it hasn't snowed since before my dogs were born. I want my dogs to see snow, so I finally took matters into my own hands. If the snow wouldn't come to my dogs, then I would bring my dogs to the snow.

Today was the big day. I loaded the dogs into the car and drove to Frasier Park. In about an hour, we were knee deep in snow. The dogs ran, jumped and plowed their way through the snow. Every once in awhile, like every twenty feet, they would sprawl in the snow to cool off.

Kelsey surprised me. Although he's smarter than some of my coworkers, he's not the smartest Golden I've ever known. But, he was the first one to figure out that snow was water. He was gulping mouthfulls of it.

We had a great time. The snow was fun, but it was nice to get home, change into dry clothes and get warm. The first thing Murphy did when he got home was to get into the pond.







~ Home

6 Comments:

At 3/21/2006 10:25:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

They obviously had an awesome time, judging from the pictures!

Tobi loves the snow - he acts like a puppy in it, jumping and rolling around.

 
At 3/22/2006 03:17:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Snow!

How is Murphy doing?

 
At 3/22/2006 07:36:00 AM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

There's something disturbing about the phrase, "I took matters into my own hands." Especially when coming from a nurse, or someone with dogs. ;)

 
At 3/22/2006 07:55:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

More pictures please!!

 
At 3/22/2006 08:37:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Hey these are fabulous!! You all look like you're having a ball :)

 
At 3/24/2006 12:40:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Karen, dogs act like just kids in the snow, except that they don't make snow men.

HP,your dog might change his mind about snow if he lived in So Cal. Here snow is a rare and special treat.

Me, thank you for visiting my blog. Do you have a blog that I can visit?

Dave, I do take matter into my hands on a daily basis. EWWWW.

Sarah, it's just more of the same.

Michelle, you live in such a paradise, who needs snow?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home