web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

A New Hobby

I have a new hobby. It's not a hobby I enjoy. I would like to stop, but don't know how. So, what's my new hobby? Looking for things.

I wanted to go somewhere, but my purse was missing. It had to be in the house. It wasn't on the table where I always keep it, so I was wandering in circles looking. I expanded my search to the car and garage. It was nowhere. Happening to look down, there was something hot pink dangling from my arm. It was my purse.

A few days ago the same thing happened with my keys, only that time I hung them up with the dog leads in the closet. I must have spent a half hour looking under every bush in the yard and combing the hillside. I figured that Murphy must have carried them outside.

A week ago I was looking for my glasses. I found them on top of my head.

I have more examples, but I think that you get the idea. I would have so much more free time if I could find a new hobby.


~ Home

2 Comments:

At 3/14/2006 02:33:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Haha, glad I'm not the only one.

I know by now if I'm "looking" for the soy milk that suddenly disappeared from the frig, I should probably check the pantry (where the cereal boxes go...).

This hobby can get expensive if we're not careful. ;)

 
At 3/15/2006 10:47:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I would wonder if there was something in the water except for us all being in different water districts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home