web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Thank God It's Over

What does it mean when your date is packing heat for a simple dinner date? One possibility is that you're dating a cop. That's why Randy had his gun with him, not that he showed it to me. Maybe someday.

There were some surprises. He had no idea that I was a lawyer and I had no idea that he had an MBA. I was also surprised to learn that he was 4 and a half years younger. He already knew that before the date and didn't mind. If he doesn't mind, than I don't mind.

The date wasn't perfect, though. I heard much more than I cared to know on a first date about his bitter divorce and career set-backs. I don't normally discuss such things at all and when he tried to find out more about my marriage and bitter divorce, I almost started crying. There's a reason why I avoid that subject.

I noticed that he was an aggressive driver who got too easily upset by other people's driving. He even got into a racing and honking match with another driver over nothing important. He also became agitated when we didn't get our table when promised. None of these things bothered me at all, except for his reaction to them. I'm concerned that he may be a hot-head.

I'm sure that he has some beefs with me too. I am too quiet and hard to get to know. He kept asking what I was thinking, but I couldn't give him much of an answer. I was mainly trying to control my rising panic over being out with a man. I wasn't going to tell him that.

If he asks me out again, I will go, but I still have some doubts about him, as I'm sure he does about me. On the plus side, his dog and cat sleep in bed with him and he was also a perfect gentleman. Not that such things matter to me, but he's also tall and gorgeous.

If things do work out, this post will be deleted. My neroticism may be causing me to read too much into what I saw. So, there you have it. I have no idea where this is going, if anywhere. Now, what did I do with my xanax?


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 3/11/2006 11:16:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

Thanks for reminding me why I don't like dating ;-)

Glad to hear you had a good time, though - will keep my fingers crossed for you.

 
At 3/11/2006 11:30:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Hmmmmm, remember my friend....trust your instincts. I am glad he was a gentleman :o)

 
At 3/12/2006 06:59:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Karen, Michelle, and HP, thanks for your comments. I no longer trust my judment when it comes to men, so I will proceed with caution.

 
At 3/14/2006 11:09:00 AM, Blogger HypnoKitten said...

I agree you should trust your instincts - but if you don't, you can use my instincts, which say "don't even bother with this one". Too angry!

Reading between the lines of your post, you sound afraid of this guy, and with good reason...

If you se a guy get agitated about little things like that, run the other way and call it common sense (or self-preservation), not neuroticism! :)

-HK

 
At 3/14/2006 08:48:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

HK, I appreciate the advice. I am afraid of him, but I'm afraid of all available men. There's a reason why my male friends are all married or gay. They're safe. If I see him again, I'll have back-up with me to confirm whether or not my perceptions are accurate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home