web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Mouse And Cell Phone Conversations

My mouse has been driving me absolutely nuts. It didn't matter how many times I took it apart and cleaned it, the stupid ball would get stuck. Sometimes I had to swirl it around in circles to get to the right spot. I knew that it didn't have to be this way, so I went to Radio Shack.

The salesman was good. Even though I am older than him, he called me Miss. Smart man. When he found out that I knew nothing about mouses (mice?) he showed me the different types and explained what they could do. I didn't know that it was possible to have a ball-less mouse and the scroll feature is so much easier and faster.

I'm so happy with my new mouse. It's also cute with its little green light. Who knew that I could be this happy with something that plugs in?

_______________________________________

During my shopping adventures, I had no choice but to listen to other people's cell phone conversations. One man was having an emotional fight with his wife or girlfriend and saying things like nurturing and love isn't enough. "What's it going to take"? Did he think that everyone else in line wanted to hear this?

In another line, a woman was asking how long she needed to wait to get pregnant.

Another woman on her cell was fighting with her pharmacy over whether or not her insurance had been cancelled and how much she needed her percocet and morphine. I hope the pharmacy gave it to her. She looked like she really needed it.

What's wrong with people? And why do people talking on cell phones tend to talk so loudly?


~ Home

7 Comments:

At 3/08/2006 07:28:00 AM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Mouses. :)

 
At 3/08/2006 10:05:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

The spellcheck said that there was no such word, but then what does it know? It's never heard of blogs either.

I think that mice would be a cute term for more than one mouse. :)

 
At 3/08/2006 01:30:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Yes Melissa, things that plug in can make you happy, they don't snore, leave their dirty clothes & dishes lying around the house, or watch sports and drink beer all weekend. Now I know what to get you for your birthday:)

 
At 3/08/2006 02:45:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Don't they have ones that are battery-operated? ;)

Just keep it away from the dogs.

 
At 3/08/2006 06:56:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Sarah and Dave, exactly what are you talking about? I thought that this post was about mouses. Do they have some special functions that I'm unaware of? ;)

And Sarah, I know that men can be a pain, present company excluded Dave, but I still find myself oddly attracted to them. It would be handy to have one around.

 
At 3/09/2006 01:06:00 PM, Blogger Candace said...

Supposedly, people tend to speak louder on cell phones, because there is no feedback from a cell phone to indicate how loud they are speaking. Hence, the prevalence of shouting while having cell phone conversations.

BTW, when my husband and I purchased our wireless keyboard and mouse, it made a great deal of difference in terms of comfort and functionality.

It would help, however, if we started using rechargable batteries. Our mouse eats more batteries than cheese.

:)

You mean it's not meeses? Shucks!

 
At 3/10/2006 12:29:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Candace, I never knew that about cell phones, but it makes sense. I'm not sure how loud to talk into them either.

I thought about getting a cordless mouse, but decided against it. I'd probably lose it or the Murph would carry it out to the lawn and leave it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home