web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, March 03, 2006

A Bad Influence And Lotta Snots

I have a new student nurse who I'll be preceptoring for about a month. She's a young, beautiful, blonde Russian girl. I love having slaves students. At first they increase the workload, but once they catch on, I have almost nothing to do. I can read and write for hours and just answer the occasional question. It's great to have a break from the drudgery for a month. Sorry, I have a lazy streak.

I also take pleasure in teaching students the correct way to do things and the way we actually do them. There is a difference. I show them short-cuts, organizing tips, coping/defense mechanisms and ways to break the rules without getting caught. I'm a bad influence, but we have a lot of fun.

My students also, so far, have had lives completely different from mine. I love hearing their stories. My last two students were in show business and had great tales. It's too bad I didn't have a blog then to share them. My memory now is too hazy.

My current student is pretty enough to be on the cover of a magazine, but like many Russians, she doesn't smile much. I'm going to break her of that even if I have to tickle her. We have to at least pretend that we're having fun. I just love it when the students arrive.

Being around someone so young and pretty is a little hard, though. It's a constant reminder that I'm not. Don't be fooled by my pictures. I'm photogenic.

We had a male patient who needed to be catheterized. Knowing that my student was leaving earlier than me, he said that I could do it after she left. He didn't want a young pretty girl watching, but he didn't mind me.

____________________________________________

One of my coworkers went to a computer training class and mentioned that the program she was trained on was lotta snots. Her accent is heavy, so I asked her to repeat it several times. Each time she said lotta snots. Not believing that my employer would use a program called lotta snots, I asked her to get on the computer and show me. It was Lotus Notes.


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 3/03/2006 07:39:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

You have no idea how grateful i am that the "snot" bit wasn't "snot" LOL!
I love to be able to mould new people. I try to mould the new cops i work with, i managed to be rather successful, mainly with them returning phone calls and communication :)

 
At 3/03/2006 11:00:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Pictures! How can you blog about a hot Russian babe and not post her picture? aaaaaiiii!!! There's something so sexy about a Russian accent.

Suddenly I have a craving for blini. :)

 
At 3/03/2006 11:08:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

am howling with laughter!!!!
lotta snots.........hihihi!

 
At 3/04/2006 11:52:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Michelle, it is good to be able to influence people to do things the right way.

Dave, I'll see about getting a picture.

Karen, if I had known that other people would be entertained by the frequent misunderstandings we have, I would have started posting them much sooner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home