web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Cold, Colder and Coldest

Doesn't my hospital have a heater? True, the temperature has dropped outside and it's really, really cold. But why does the hospital have to be the same temperature as outside? That's why heaters were invented. Why can't we have one too?

Driving home, I was so cold I felt like I was going to die. It takes time for the heater to kick in, but this was ridiculous. I was half-way home when I discovered the problem. The air conditioner was on full blast. Force of habit, I guess.

Now that I'm home, I'm still freezing. It's in the upper 30's outside and raining. A few miles away it's snowing. With a little luck, the snow level may drop to here. I would like my dogs to see snow.

With a little more luck, my first date with Randy will go well. It's Saturday night.


~ Home

3 Comments:

At 3/11/2006 03:18:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Sending heat vibes your way :)

Can't wait to hear all the gossip after your date!

 
At 3/11/2006 10:37:00 AM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

There was a cat that used to live down the street from us in Marin, and one day it got killed running in front of a car. Turned out the cat's name was Snuffy.

Now, I'm not saying this has anything to do with you dating a guy named Randy, but we'll be interested to hear how your date goes. ;)

(Who names a cat Snuffy? Sheesh!)

 
At 3/11/2006 08:00:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Michelle, I'll pay the freight charges if you want to send me some warm weather.

Dave, that's an odd name for a cat. Shouldn't cats have names like Fluffy, Boots or Ringo?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home