web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Dog Day Afternoon

This was the view coming home today. I live at the base of the snow covered mountains. The snow elevation was about 500 feet above where I live. Close, but not close enough.



The Santa Clara River is close to my house. If it weren't for the freeway in the way, I could walk there in a couple of minutes. Because of the freeway, I need to drive a mile or so to find a place where I can drive under the freeway. I'm not sure why it's called a river, since years can go by without water in it, but river sounds nice, as opposed to the Santa Clara Rocky and Sandy Area With Burrs.

I went to work early today and got out at about noon. It was a beautiful day, there was water in the river, so it seemed like a perfect time to do something special for the dogs.

Besides, Murphy has some kind of foreign object caught in his nose and has to have some minor surgery on Friday to remove it. He deserves a special treat to help make up for what is coming.




Murphy is doing what he does at home in his pond. Just sitting down and lounging. The water is icy cold, which is fine with Murph.


I feel terrible about this, but Tommy (on the right) has never seen a natural body of water before. Tommy hates water so I expected him to just walk along the banks, but to my surprise, he ran right into the water. Who knew that my little frou frou dog was a water dog?


Are these happy looking dogs or what? You should see what the inside of my car looks like.


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 3/14/2006 01:40:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

They look like they are having a great time. I'm sorry about Murphy. I guess they weren't able to retrieve it with the little speculum grasper. Will he be sedated? When they sedate my kids they always keep them the whole day which I hate. I know they would be more comfortable at home. I hope it is quick and easy:)

 
At 3/14/2006 02:31:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Lovely pics!
:)

 
At 3/14/2006 08:40:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Sarah,the vet couldn't see the object and said that he couldn't scope it unless Murph was put under. Dogs put up quite a fight when people try to jam devices down their nose. I'm not happy about the anesthesia, but I don't have much choice. Poor Murph.

Thanks, Mary.

 
At 3/14/2006 10:24:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

Great pictures! Looks like they had a great dog outing.

I know just what your car looks like :-)

 
At 3/15/2006 10:45:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Karen, does Tobi get in the river or just get dirty running alongside the banks? It's amazing how much dirt a dog can hold until he's in the car.

HP, Souper Dog would love this river. It's only a few inches deep, for the most part. He wouldn't be intimidated by it at all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home