web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Seeing Red Flags

I told my parents all about my date with Randy, going into tons of detail that I left out of the original post. I expected them to be relieved that I got home safely and to tell me never to go out with him again. Instead, they thought that he sounded great. I was stunned.

When I said that I was worried that he might be hot-headed, my dad said that "your old man is hot-headed too." Okay, he got me there. He said that since Randy is 45, the worst would be over by now. And besides, compared to me, everyone is hot-headed. There's some truth in that as well. I'm cool-headed my nature and don't react in anger. My parents used the term passive.

I suspect that my parents are either trying to marry me off or they just like the idea of me being with an alpha man who can take charge and fight my battles. The thing is, I do a good job of taking care of myself. If a man did start trying to take control of my life, it would not go over well. I'm fiercely independent, but I'm nice about it.

But the problem is, I can't trust my judgment when it comes to men. I see red warning flags with every man I meet. They can't all be bad. Randy has called me twice since our date, but has not asked me out yet. I will give him another chance if he asks. Maybe I should get some therapy before he notices how neurotic I am.


~ Home

3 Comments:

At 3/13/2006 10:22:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

Agree with Hippo - if you have doubts, there is a reason.

 
At 3/14/2006 12:23:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trust your instincts. If you
think he is a hothead he probably
is. You deserve better.

Sandy

 
At 3/14/2006 09:28:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

HP, if you want to send your friend here, I'll pay the air fare. :)

Thanks, Karen.

Sandy, welcome. If there is a second date, how about if you and Scott come along? I trust your judgment more than my own when it comes to men.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home