web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Bad Possibilities

Murphy had his nose scoped and the doctor couldn't find any foreign objects. The nasal passage was narrowed making it difficult or impossible to scope, I'm not sure which. X-rays didn't show any obstructions, but the boney areas looked slightly less dense on the affected side. X-rays are being sent to a radiologist and tissue samples to a pathologist. It will take about a week to get the results back. It could be a tumor. I'm just going to have to wait and see.

In the meantime, I'm an emotional wreck. This next week is going to be a tough one.


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 3/18/2006 09:45:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Did the vet look at a slide while you were there to see what the cells looked like? We could take him to my vet, he can do an ultrasound and read it immediately.

Love to you and Murph

 
At 3/18/2006 05:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking about him and hoping for the best. Give Murphy an extra hug for me!

 
At 3/18/2006 10:48:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

Hugs to you and Murph - am crossing all I can that all will be well.

 
At 3/19/2006 10:26:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Sarah, Leesa, Karen and HP, thank you so much for for best wishes. It means so much to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home