web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Four Mistakes

Last night at work, we ordered Thai food. I got mint fried pork on rice. When asked how hot I wanted it, I responded moderate. That was my first mistake. There was a bit of a language barrier and given the neighborhood, she may have thought that I said mucho or mas. I could be wrong, but I'm reasonably sure that I didn't request colon flushing, spincter burning hot, but that is what I got.

I like spicy food and have a fairly high tolerance for heat, but this was positively lethal. I ate it anyway. That was my second mistake. I got about half of it down before I gave up. I brought the rest home with me, figuring that I could dilute it with something to make it edible.

This morning I got up earlier than I would have liked because my body, apparently thinking that I had swallowed poison, was trying to rid my body of the toxin. Without going into detail, the ridding process was not much fun. On the plus side, I couldn't have absorbed many calories from the food.

For lunch, I made a large batch of rice, stir-fried some vegetables and mixed it in with the left-over dinner. That was my third mistake. No amount of bland food could counter-act the heat in the original dish. I ate it anyway. That was my fourth mistake. Now I have to go to work. The pain is just starting.


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 3/15/2006 10:32:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

Poor thing. Hope you were able to self-medicate at work ;-)

 
At 3/15/2006 11:17:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Hey, Walden, I liked your blog. Any snow on Mt. Tam?

 
At 3/16/2006 12:32:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Henry, I liked your blog. If your now ex-wife wanted to get rid of a puppy after a few days, you should have gotten rid of her instead. That is just so wrong.

Karen, I survived the night without incident. We'll see how tomorrow goes. I'm not out of the woods yet.

Dave, you're from the same neck of the woods as Henry. Have you met?

 
At 3/16/2006 09:03:00 AM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

I don't think we've met, and I moved to make sure it never happens. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home