web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Desperate Nurses

Writing fiction has never interested me. The things I see on a daily basis are so bizarre that there's no reason to make anything up. Besides, even if I wanted to write fiction, I have no idea what I would write about. But lately, there's been this story floating around in my head. It involves desperate nurses.

The details aren't worked out, but the story revolves around angelic nurses with pure hearts who plot to kill a patient. The patient is evil and sucks the life force out of the entire nursing unit with his continual wailing. He's abusive, his family is abusive and the months keep ticking by with no hope of his ever leaving the hospital.

He wouldn't be that hard to kill, but the angelic nurses aren't murderers. Instead, they hire some guys to kidnap him and take him to Mexico, or, better yet, Guatemala, and dump him on the street in some town. See if he can find his way back.

I wonder if the undocumented workers who hang out in the front of Home Depot would be willing to do it and what it would cost. Hmmm... Maybe this will be non-fiction after all.


~ Home

2 Comments:

At 3/16/2006 10:05:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

~giggle~
Got another one of "those" patients, do you?

 
At 3/17/2006 12:23:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

HP, maybe we could co-author a book?

Karen, this is the same patient that we've had since May of last year. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home