web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Dog Empathy

Kelsey knows that there is something wrong with Murphy. He won't leave Murph alone.



~ Home

8 Comments:

At 3/28/2006 09:45:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

Yes, Henry David is right. I see that in Tobi all the time - he is sometimes sensitive to the point that it is aggravating ;-)

Kelsey will be there to comfort Murphy through and through - and you as well.
That's what "dog love" is all about.

Hugs to you, Melissa, and to the two furry monsters ;-)

 
At 3/28/2006 09:57:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

That's so beautiful, how precious they are :o)

 
At 3/29/2006 08:26:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

It's nice to know that Murph has Kelsey by his side right now when you can't be there.

 
At 3/29/2006 10:22:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, HDT, Karen, Michelle, HP and Sarah. It's sweet that Kelsey is so concerned, but he's concerned to the point that he's driving Murph nuts. I'm wondering if Kelsey should spend some time with my parents to give Murph some peace.

 
At 3/30/2006 08:52:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Kelsey could have a couple of benadryl in his food and take a little nap, then Murph could have some peace and quiet.

 
At 3/30/2006 03:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are occasional media items about dogs that can detect cancer in humans. Is it possible that Kelsey has this capability? Is there some location that might be able to test and to benefit from his sensititivy - your hospital / UCLA / USC ? Perhaps he could be of dianostic use???

 
At 3/30/2006 05:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dogs are so intuitive. I've seen it SO many times.

Give them both a big hug for me!

 
At 3/30/2006 06:53:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Sarah, I may have to do that. Poor Murph is getting a sore nose from it being licked.

Paul, my other dog Tommy also knows that Murph is sick, he just has enough sense not to pester him. If Tommy and Kelsey know, then Murph must know too.

Leesa, dogs are amazing. Everyone will get tons of hugs when I get home. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home