web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, March 31, 2006

Daffodil Lust



I went to Trader Joes to stock up on 2 buck chuck and I was so excited by my discovery that I almost forgot to buy the wine. What got me so worked up? Daffodils.

Traders had them for 99 cents a bunch. I got 7 bunches and have vases all over the house filled with the happy yellow flowers. My nose is yellow from sticking my face in the flowers and brushing them against my face. That's about as close to sex as I get.


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 4/01/2006 12:53:00 AM, Blogger Gary said...

Those are lovely daffodils.

 
At 4/01/2006 10:31:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

They're so bright, you just can't help feeling happy :o)

 
At 4/02/2006 11:04:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Gary, HP,HDT and Michelle, I wish that I could send you all some. All 70 flowers are open now.

 
At 4/02/2006 02:42:00 PM, Blogger Candace said...

As soon as I saw the title of your post, I had a pretty good idea of how you feel about daffodils!

I wholeheartedly agree!

During a business trip in England is when I became totally enchanted with them. My infatuation with the flower was so evident that a lady there gave me a china plate with daffodils on it as a going away present.

Maybe the Trader Joes near us still has them on sale! It's worth a look!

Thanks for the post,
Candace

 
At 4/02/2006 07:33:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

It was in England that I first saw daffodils growing in the wild, hillsides covered with them. It made quite an impression on me. Before that I'd never seen more than a dozen or so at a time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home