web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Poop Waiver

We have another motorcycle accident patient. This one broke his back. Until a special brace can be made for him, he's on strict bedrest. That was fine until this evening when he needed to poop. Few people enjoy pooping in a bedpan, but he adamantly refused. So, despite the risk to his back, he got up and walked to the bathroom.

That got me thinking. Maybe there should be a law that when a person buys a motorcycle they have to sign a waiver stating that they understand that should they get in an accident and not die right away, that they will need to poop in a bedpan while recovering in the hospital. (Can you tell that I have a thing about motorcycles?)


~ Home

2 Comments:

At 4/17/2006 03:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I should stay off our Harley?

 
At 4/18/2006 10:38:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I would. If your husband insists on riding it, make sure he has a good disability policy and life insurance.

A couple of years ago I had a motorcycle accident patient who was gainfully employed and owned his own home. Now he lives with his mother who takes care of him. He lost quite a few IQ points in the accident.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home