web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Basic Anatomy

Apparently unfamiliar with human anatomy, my patient wanted to know if her urinary catheter also took care of poop. When I answered no, she was disappointed. It was news to her that pee and poop come out of different orifices.

Even if she missed that day in school, you'd think that she would have noticed that on her own. And no, this lady was not confused.


~ Home

8 Comments:

At 1/08/2007 03:19:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

maybe she thought we are like birds or something... that is just weird.
thanks for the kind comment... I will be in good hands at the hospital...it is a good one.

 
At 1/08/2007 12:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please tell me she wasn't blonde!

 
At 1/08/2007 02:25:00 PM, Blogger ERRN4U said...

You cathed her because she has a UTI right?? Glad I don't have to wash her underpants!! Hee Hee

 
At 1/09/2007 12:15:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

*shakes head*.....

 
At 1/10/2007 09:13:00 PM, Blogger Gary said...

I don't remember that in school. I must have missed that day too. :)

 
At 1/10/2007 10:31:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Madwag, I didn't check her personal anatomy. Maybe she is like a bird.

Connie, lol, her hair was grey. I don't know the original color.

Ern4u, she came with a cath because of a broken hip. She must have a lot of mistakes in her underwear.

Michelle, that was my reaction too.

Gary, hopefully, you figured it out on your own. :)

 
At 1/15/2007 06:02:00 PM, Blogger shrimplate said...

Was she from Midland Texas? I hear that's not an uncommon misunderstanding with people from that area.

 
At 1/16/2007 12:20:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

That's funny. My former husband's family was from there. That would explain a lot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home