web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, January 06, 2007

There Is Hope For Me

It's possible that I may have finally found a boyfriend. For the first time since the year 2000, I went out on a second date and there is going to be a third. So, who is this guy, you ask? Remember that doctor I work with who promised to call and then didn't, well, he's reappeared.

He's been visiting almost everyday. That's one of the few advantages to having psychotic patients on the floor, a shrink has to visit them. Richard is the house shrink.

Our first date was a little shaky. My nerves got the best of me and I was a giggling maniac.

The second date went well. I got to show off my cooking skills with souvlaki, a garlicky lamb dish and we enjoyed a bottle of excellent red wine that Richard brought. And now, I know why wine makes me gag, I've never drunk fine wine before. This not only didn't trigger my gag reflex, but I liked it. I have a mild hang-over and have to go to work today, but it was worth it.

If things don't work out, it will be okay. I'm having a good time and have finally made it past my one-date hurdle. That alone is something to celebrate.


~ Home

9 Comments:

At 1/06/2007 04:55:00 PM, Blogger Gary said...

Congratulations. It sounds like your new year is off to a wonderful start.

 
At 1/06/2007 10:48:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Yaaaaaaaaay, Richard obviously knows he's on to a winner :o)

 
At 1/07/2007 05:07:00 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Good for you! I agree with Gary. Maybe this will be the year of change where good things happen. :)

 
At 1/07/2007 12:40:00 PM, Blogger Irene said...

Way to go Melissa!

 
At 1/07/2007 06:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At the risk of sounding cliche, you go, girl!

 
At 1/08/2007 12:21:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Gary, either that or it's going to be a train wreck. We'll see.

Michelle, thanks for the complement.

Lisa, I hope that this will be a good year for you too.

Irene, I hope that my luck holds out.

Connie, thanks. These are exciting and scary times for me.

 
At 1/08/2007 03:18:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

How wonderful! The first date thing always got the best of me as well.... I thought I would die the first time I went on a date w/ Julian.... I couldn't even eat.

 
At 1/08/2007 07:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm excited for you:)

 
At 1/10/2007 10:23:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Madwag, I couldn't eat either on the first date. Richard ate both of our dinners.

Thanks, May.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home