web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A Lost Key

My worst problem right now is that the key to my gate blew away. Given all of the recent fires and tragedies faced by others, a lost key is a minor problem, but it is annoying. Tomorrow is trash day and I can't get the trash cans out to the curb. The cans are full. Where am I going to put next week's trash?

Also, tomorrow is gardener day and my yard needs a major cleanup. The lawn isn't even visible underneath all of the debris that blew off the trees. The gardeners can't get through the gate, so I'll have to wait another week for the clean up, unless I can get them to climb over the wall with their equipment.

I can buy a new lock, but I don't know how I'll get the existing lock off. I hope Lindsay knows what to do. It does come in handy having a boyfriend, sometimes.

The wind also did something to my satellite dish. All of the major TV networks have been lost. That means I've been going to bed every night without Conan or Craig to put me to sleep. I already had an appointment to get the HD thingy installed this Friday, which requires a new dish, so hopefully all of the problems can be taken care of at once.

It's nice to have such mundane problems again. Life is good.


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 10/24/2007 08:18:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Hi Melissa, Glad to hear things have calmed down in your area. I've been away from the PC for a few days, but caught some of the news coverage of the fires. I immediately thought of you when Magic Mountain was mentioned on the television. Your past few posts have been quite riveting to say the least. I could feel the stress just reading them.

 
At 10/24/2007 10:50:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Buy a pair of bolt cutters at the hardware store and use it to cut the lock. We keep a pair in the car in case there's a fire and the exit from our neighborhood is blocked. Bolt cutters are a "universal key" that will let us use one of the locked gates to get out. You might need Lindsay to work the cutters if the lock is really strong.

 
At 10/25/2007 03:13:00 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Yeah... We've been stressed out for you. Glad to hear that you're out of the fire zone now.

I hope you get your key situation worked out. We need a nice clean garden, darn it. :) Can you send them to do something with my yard?

 
At 10/25/2007 05:02:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

My thoughts have been w/ you and your dogs...I'm glad that things are okay at your house.

 
At 10/26/2007 12:13:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Alan, I'm just glad that things are back to normal for me. It was a tough few days.

Dave, I hope that Connie is strong enough to use your univeral key should she ever need to get out and you are away.

Lisa, I'll be glad to send them but be forewarned, they don't speak English and can't tell a weed from a nursery plant. Sometimes I just want to scream.

Madwag, thanks. Did the fire news reach England at all?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home