web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, October 27, 2007

The New Dish

After waiting half the day for the satellite guy, he finally came. Looking at the dish mounted on the top ridge of my two story house, he didn't look pleased. He said that he was worried he would break the tiles on my roof by walking on it and wondered if it would be okay if he mounted the new dish on the roof overhang in front of the garage. I said okay.

It's true that tiles can break if walked on, but the guy who mounted the first dish managed okay. I'm thinking that he is afraid of heights and was using the tiles as an excuse. It must be awful to be afraid of heights and have the job on installing satellite dishes on roofs.

It was also more trouble for him. Rather than just replacing the dish, he had to mount a new assembly. He was racing with the sun and finished right before it turned dark.

I now have two satellite dishes on my roof, both of which are visible from the street. I wish I had thought of that before I gave him permission to change the location of the dish.

Along with the new receiver, I also got a new remote. The last one got chewed up by MacKenzie. I ordered another one, but could never quite figure out how to program it, so I had to use the TV remote to turn the TV on and off and adjust the volume and the satellite remote to change channels. Now, one remote does it all. It's nice when life gets simpler.

The difference in the picture with HD is huge. Some of the actors are more attractive than I realized and others simply look awful. Every little flaw can be seen. And all of the actresses are wearing too much make up. The heavy theatrical make up is fine for regular TV, but with HD, they look like clowns or drag queens.


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 10/27/2007 12:37:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I'm glad to know you are back home and safe. We get such crappy news up here it's hard to tell where everything was going on. The smoke blew all the way up here though, I was on the inhaler and had bronchitis all last week. Strange how the smoke can go so far.

 
At 10/28/2007 12:20:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

It's odd that the smoke blew north. It must have wound around in a big circle. I have a slight headache and it hurts to take a deep breath, but other than that I'm fine. It's a good thing that you're not down here where the smoke is at toxic levels.

 
At 10/28/2007 08:21:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

I think HD is probably fine when watching the local news anchors in Southern California. It's probably not a good idea in Rapid City, South Dakota.

 
At 10/29/2007 12:07:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

That's funny, but probably true.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home