web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Can't I Have Just One More?

I have a reputation. That is why when someone in the hospital was looking to find a home for a dog, they were directed to me. The owner is dying and needs to find a home for his dog. It just breaks my heart.

The dog is a Saint Bernard mix, but is only about 60 pounds. He is sweet, housebroken and needs a new home. I want him, but can't have five dogs. Four is illegal and truthfully, is already a bit too much for me to handle. I can't do five.

I gave them the name of a local no-kill shelter. I also had them make a poster and hung copies around the hospital. They were grateful for that, but I wish I could have done more. Does anyone in the LA area want a sweet dog whose owner is dying?


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 11/27/2007 09:19:00 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

You are so great to take such an interest in finding a home for this dog. The best dog I ever owned (until the one I have now of course) was a St. Bernard mix named Kiwi. She was wonderful with the children and smart, smart, smart. I sure hope someone will take the dog!

 
At 11/30/2007 12:05:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I've always wanted a Saint. They are such sweet big dogs.

 
At 11/30/2007 12:26:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

maybe you are missing your calling... maybe you should have a dog sanctuary, no kill shelter type thing? I have a feeling that the money wouldn't be the same however :o(

 
At 11/30/2007 12:39:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

If I did that, I would end up with hundreds of dogs fighting to sleep in bed with me and I would become one of those people you read about who are arrested for having too many pets. I could never put dogs in a cage and have a proper kennel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home