web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Lawyer Drivers

I got into my first car accident. I hit Lindsay's car while backing out of the driveway. He was very nice about it. The side of his car was scraped, but mine suffered no damage except for a dirt streak that washed off.

It seems odd that in an accident between a tiny car and a big van, only the big van suffered damage. Lindsay refused my offer to pay for repairs, but I'm going to insist. The last thing I want is to feel guilty every time I look at his car.

The accident happened because I forgot that his van was on my driveway. I just backed up as always. The visibility in my car is poor and I hate backing up in it, but I've memorized just how to turn the wheel so that I don't crash into the brick posts that the idiot who owned my house before me built on both sides of the driveway. I was so busy worrying about the brick posts that I didn't notice the big van.

On the subject of lawyer drivers, we were coming back from dinner when we were passed by a firetruck and two ambulances. Jokingly, I said, "Let's chase them." It was just a lawyer joke. Lindsay said okay and off we went in hot pursuit. That was my first chase, but Lindsay had done it before. He did say, though, that we weren't chasing them, we were following them. That seems like a distinction without a difference. Anyway, it was anti-climatic. They stopped at a house and went inside. We just kept driving. It was just as well, Lindsay didn't have any business cards with him.


~ Home

3 Comments:

At 4/07/2008 01:43:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

At least you didn't bend or break anything (you or your cars), and your car is cleaner.. :)

 
At 4/08/2008 12:20:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I did have to wash my car, though, because the clean streak didn't match the rest of my car.

 
At 4/08/2008 01:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, then that's terrible. :) hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home