web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, March 21, 2008

Model Nurses

Today was going to be the day that we shut down my nursing unit forever and move what few patients we were unable to get rid of to our sister unit down the hall. Next Tuesday is moving day into the new hospital.

The problem is that the doctors didn't stop doing elective surgery like was agreed. Also, people kept falling and breaking their hips, getting into car accidents and getting shot. It is now Friday and we can't close because we have too many patients and our sister unit doesn't have enough beds to accommodate us. That means we will move directly to the new hospital on Tuesday and skip the intermediate move. That is fine with me and sounds a good deal simpler.

On Tuesday, the patients will be fed and bathed by six a.m., so they say. We have to start early because all of the patients need to be moved on the same day and we can only move eight patients an hour, assuming that nothing goes wrong. I'm hoping that by the time I come to work in the afternoon, my unit will have been moved.

The media is expected for the big day, so we have been told to wear nice scrubs and try to look our best for the cameras. I have a better idea. Maybe they should hire a bunch of young, hot models in scrubs. Sex sells. If the audience sees all of the gorgeous "nurses", maybe they would want to enroll in our HMO. It's an idea to think about.


~ Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home